Patients Know Best is changing the way healthcare is managed, making people’s lives easier, and opening up a multi-billion Pound market in the process. We have built an impressive digital platform to help patients and clinicians share information and collaborate online that is being used in the UK and abroad. We’re changing healthcare by putting the patient at the centre.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced marketeer to take the next step in their career and build a vibrant marketing function at Patients Know Best. This is your opportunity to make your mark, create something special and support the organisation’s rapid growth.
You will be joining a dynamic, global team of healthcare and IT professionals, entrepreneurs in their fields, for a great career in helping to grow this exciting social impact company. We have already had fantastic success with over 60 organisations using the system across 7 countries, including the largest Shared Care Record programme in England, that will provide patient portal access to 2.3 million people. Other programmes, such as in Surrey for 1.1 million people and across Wales for young people with diabetes, show the increasing scale and reach that Patients Know Best is achieving - now is the time to join our team and help accelerate this growth even further.
As a distributed team we have carefully built the organisation around the staff and our customers, to create a great culture and working environment that suits people’s diverse situations. We hire based solely on talent and have people across 30 different locations. With regular team meetings and joint working, we make sure everyone feels connected and part of the ‘family’.
The overall purpose of the Marketing Manager position is to lead our organisation's marketing strategy, optimising visibility, customer engagement, market and brand awareness. This includes managing the PKB online presence by developing a strategy, producing excellent content, analysing usage data, facilitating customer service and managing projects and campaigns. You will build on our positive reputation and good brand awareness, developing a more refined and structured approach across all marketing channels.
- Develop a marketing strategy across website, trade and popular press, social media, customer user groups, conferences and other forms of market engagement, setting goals to increase brand awareness and engagement;
- Manage all social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google + and Instagram;
- Plan content and delivery and use tools like Hootsuite to manage multiple social media channels;
- Develop and manage competitions and campaigns that promote Patients Know Best and our brand;
- Write engaging blog posts and articles;
- Create engaging multimedia content such as videos, and/or outsource this effectively;
- Form key relationships with influencers across the social media and press platforms;
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions;
- Monitor and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics;
- Educate other staff on the use of social media and promote its use within the company;
- Regularly liaise with clients via telephone, email, conference calls or face-to-face;
- Develop case studies and marketing materials that can be used by our Business Development team, and;
- Organise trade shows, conferences and customer user groups, from logistics to branding.
- Passionate about creating and promoting a brand that has a social impact;
- A self-starter, able to work autonomously with direction from senior leadership;
- Comfortable with remote working, with the ability to travel within the UK;
- Looking for your next career step to develop an internal marketing function from scratch and to get ‘stuck in’;
- Skilled in writing, communication and presenting;
- Experienced in all types of marketing approaches, understanding the best medium to gain particular results;
- Able to work at pace and respond to the timescales of our customers;
- Comfortable with people of all kinds, building rapport and relationships quickly and easily;
- A great team player, and;
- Digital healthcare experience is desirable but not essential.
- Competitive salary in line with your experience
- Company share options scheme
- Pension scheme