Customer Service Desk Operative
PKB’s roll-out in North West London makes it the UK’s largest patient portal. It has proven clinical benefits with East Surrey Hospital generating £4 million of cost savings. We are our Customer Service Desk team as we bring PKB to more patients more quickly.
Patients Know Best is a fast growing and exciting to work for software company. We employ a team of medical and IT professionals, entrepreneurs in their fields. Together we are changing the way personal health is managed, making people’s lives easier, and opening up a global market in the process. We’ve built an impressive digital platform to help patients and clinicians share medical data online that is being used in the UK and abroad.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team. The role is to help run our service desk, both for external customers and internal staff. This position is UK-based.
This role is directly and fully responsible for:
- Responding to issues and problems that come into our service desk from our customers - this includes clinical staff, IT staff and patients using our software.
- Working closely with our development team to test our software to make sure that all fixes implemented work correctly and that bugs are identified quickly and reported.
- Identifying any potential data/information governance breach that may be highlighted via the service desk and taking immediate and appropriate action to report against, mitigate and reduce this risk.
- Assisting in quality assurance and the development and implementation of software testing scripts.
- Working closely with our Customer Success team to identify patterns that may occur within reported errors and thereby helping reduce the amount of customers affected by bugs/issues.
- Constant and continued monitoring of the UI to identify and mitigate any issues and risks to the quality and integrity of the platform.
- At least 2 years experience of customer support, systems management and system testing gained in the healthcare industry.
- Proven ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team liaising closely with our Software Developers, Customer Success Operatives and our customers - at least 2 years proven success within a multi-disciplinary environment is required.
- IT experience/knowledge, ability to perform software testing and understanding of quality assurance.
- A strong and proven working understanding of confidentiality and information governance principles in relation to patient/health data in the UK (knowledge of other countries would be a bonus).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - this is a customer facing role.
- A high level of ‘problem solving ability’ to unpick user and software errors and issues.
- Methodical, organised and detail oriented. Able to design and implement systems and process in relation to service desk.
- Aptitude to work unsupervised/remotely in a distributed team.
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Salary range between £29,000 - 31,000 based on experience
- Mobile phone allowance £600 per year