Success team member: Greater London
PKB’s roll-out in North West London makes it the UK’s largest patient portal. It has proven clinical benefits with East Surrey Hospital generating £4 million of cost savings. We are now hiring in the Greater London region to bring PKB to more patients more quickly.
Patients Know Best is a fast growing and exciting to work for software company. We employ a team of medical and IT professionals, entrepreneurs in their fields. Together we are changing the way personal health is managed, making people’s lives easier, and opening up a global market in the process. We’ve built an impressive digital platform to help patients and clinicians share medical data online that is being used in the UK and abroad.
The successful candidate for this role will work alongside our current success team members in London and the South East. The role is based from home and requires travel and will have responsibility for the following tasks within the geographical area of Greater London:
- Leading on digital transformation within the clinical teams - empowering and motivating clinical usage and uptake of the software and expanding and growing that usage throughout the contract. Defining the project scope for the deployment of PKB with specific customers and internal teams.
- Leading the implementation of the deployment of Patients Know Best with specific customers in the region.
- Project managing deployments of Patients Know Best across the defined geographical region and working with all internal and external project stakeholders across all work-streams (including but not restricted to: information governance, technical development and integration, comms, training etc).
- Ensuring knowledge and information flow seamlessly between all project stakeholders for the successful implementation of projects.
- Maintaining excellent communication with customers to ensure satisfaction and solid client relationships, including motivating the clinical teams in achieving their goals and stimulating them to exceed those goals.
- Training clinical staff and super-users on the use of the PKB software and regularly updating to ensure good working knowledge of the platform.
- Supporting the customer and the PKB development team with trouble shooting issues and problems that come into our service desk from our customers - this includes clinical staff, IT staff and patients using our software.
- Working closely with our development, product management and sales teams to ensure timely delivery of any contracted development work. Communication of realistic and achievable timelines to customers and updating all stakeholders of the PKB development roadmap including any potential feature re prioritisation.
- Identifying potential risks or issues related to projects, mitigating those risks and developing strategies to minimise any impact on the deployment of Patients Know Best.
- Monitoring progress with the development and usage of the Patients Know Best software in clinical teams/departments/healthboards, providing support and post ‘Go Live’ advice and encouragement to ensure not just continued but expanded usage during the contract.
The successful candidate will provide evidence of the following skills and experience:
- Commitment to the ideals of quality and fairness in the delivery of healthcare.
- Initiative and the ability to respond to often fast changing customer and organisational needs, to work out the best course of action to make a project a success.
- An understanding and first hand experience of working in the NHS, (local experience desirable) to understand and communicate the benefits and outcomes of deploying PKB in many clinical contexts.
- Experience of managing projects is desirable. Formal project management qualifications are not essential but the successful candidate will give examples of managing complex situations.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a very cohesive and hard working multidisciplinary team - willingness to support all members of that team essential.
- IT experience/knowledge preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of the discourse around patient/health data in the UK (knowledge of other countries would be a bonus).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - this is a customer facing role.
- Innovative: committed to leading change management and influencing clinical working practice to find alternative ways of working using Patients Know Best.
- Methodical and organised - ability to problem solve and to see the bigger picture as well as the detail.
- Self starting and committed. Aptitude to work unsupervised/remotely in a distributed team.
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Salary range between £30,000 - 40,000 based on experience
- Mobile phone allowance £600 per year