Information Governance Lead
Patients Know Best is a fast growing and innovative software company that (in our view!) is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We have a highly skilled team of medical and IT professionals who are leading entrepreneurs in their fields. Together we are changing the way personal health is managed, making people’s lives easier and opening up a huge global market in the process. We’ve built an impressive digital platform to help patients and clinicians share medical data online, and this is now being used at scale in the UK and abroad.
This role represents a mix of responsibilities across traditional Information Governance, Operations, Information Security, Compliance and Project Management. This is a key role for PKB and represents a great opportunity for growth and progression for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate with likely have an Information Governance, Operations or Compliance background. The candidate will have experience in Healthcare and will be familiar with the unique considerations posed by processing sensitive and confidential data. The candidate will have a thorough understanding of Data Protection legislation and Confidentiality law alongside a diverse knowledge of health data processing guidance and best practice.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of Information Governance (and related legislation) through appropriate certification, courses and professional accreditation.
A significant part of the role will focus on documentation authoring requiring a high level of technical and legislative literacy and articulation. Therefore, the candidate will need to have extensive experience of undertaking Information Governance assessments, defining procedural approaches and writing policy based on national (and international) guidance for both internal and external consumption.
Close collaboration with PKB's Compliance Team, Data Protection Officer, Information Security Team and other specialist teams will form a core part of day to day activity for the IG Lead.
- A thorough knowledge of Data Protection and Confidentiality legislation.
- A comprehensive knowledge of health data processing/handling guidance and best practice.
- Accredited IG Professional (Data Protection, Caldicott, etc.)
- Excellent technical literacy; the ability to author detailed IG documents incorporating PKB’s technical infrastructure - with the assistance of PKB’s Architecture, Security, Development and Product teams.
- Patient and articulate approach and manner; the ability to communicate complex topics (often technical) to a wide audience, some audiences may not be technically proficient in the subject matter.
- Detail-oriented, conscientious and diligent; small mistakes can be costly and embarrassing. An individual that takes a thorough approach, ensuring accuracy and consistency at each step.
- Flexibility in approach; ability to take ownership of new priorities at short notice.
A typical week in this role may look as follows:
- Working with PKB’s Business Development and Solutions Architecture teams - providing governance and policy information about PKB as part of a tender process for a large Healthcare provider.
- Working with PKB’s Compliance team - contributing IG specific detail as part of an on-going Compliance Audit.
- Attending a client-facing call to discuss PKB’s IG policies, or elaborate on parts of PKB’s infrastructure from an IG perspective.
- Leading Information Governance investigations, procedural infringements, policy adherence.
- Updating internal policy documentation in line with published guidance, regulation and law.
- Contributing to Information Security Management Group meetings and assisting group outputs; scheduling and prioritisation of improvement work (as it relates to IG).
- Attending internal Architecture team meetings to stay abreast of new developments and architectural approaches and to provide feedback on prevailing guidance and applicable regulations to this team.
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Salary range between £30,000 - 40,000 based on experience
- Employee share options
- Pension scheme